Party in the Park
Thursday 19 July, 6.30-9pm, Ravenscourt Park Glasshouses
Please join us at our ABN summer party in the beautiful walled garden of Ravenscourt Park Glasshouses, by kind invitation of Hammersmith Community Gardens Association. Located next to the park’s café, the glasshouses date back to the 19th century and will provide shelter in the event of less than perfect weather!
The £10 ticket price includes:
- Tasty food by Detour Café;
- Music for a summer evening;
- There is also a reasonably priced bar, with wine from Askew Wine for sale by the glass or bottle.
We can only host 80 guests for this annual event, so be sure to book in good time. Tickets are available from Detour Café (135 Askew Road), Finlay Brewer (113 Askew Road) or online from www.askewbusiness.co.uk with an admin fee of 60p (please print out and bring the receipt).
The glasshouses are beside the café in Ravenscourt Park, W6 0UL. Go through the gate and find the entrance on the right.
Artists at Home, 15-17 June
It’s that time of year again… Over the weekend of 15-17 June, 59 open studios will throw open their doors for Artists at Home.
Check out the new, improved website: www.artistsathome.co.uk. As well as browsing the artists’ work to see which studios you want to visit, you can now choose your Favourites, and devise a personal, mobile-friendly, Art Trail.
As usual, there’s a diverse range of styles and of disciplines: painting, sculpture, jewellery, photography, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, fashion and mixed media.
Open house: Friday 15 June, 6-9pm, and Saturday/Sunday 16-17 June, 11am-6pm. See www.artistsathome.co.uk
West London Walks
Join Caroline MacMillan for her June walks below. More details are on her website westlondonwalks.co.uk. To book your place, please email her on email@example.com.
- Saturday 16 June, 10am: Notting Dale. Piggeries and potteries and a long-forgotten steeple chase course;
- NEW WALK Thursday 21 June, 10am: Richmond Upon Thames. So much history – a palace, lovely old houses and The View. A joy of a walk, and rather longer than the usual two hours;
- Sunday 24 June: 4pm: Holland Park Artists. An afternoon stroll around the area where some of the best known artists of the Victorian era lived;
- Saturday 30 June: 10am: Askew Road. So much to see in and around this popular shopping street: former laundries, butchers, schools and doctor's surgery.
We’ve always been careful not to bombard you with emails; our aim is to send you a few carefully chosen news items each month.
If you would like to unsubscribe, so you no longer receive these emails from us, please click here.
You can also unsubscribe at any point in the future by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each email.